Sunday, November 13, 2011

Excerpts From My Journal

Library Lights

I can’t stand being in the library more than 2 hours. It truly is my limit. I get annoyed by the soft blanket of incessant chatter. The air is stale. The lighting is unnatural. And sitting in one place that long, I start to feel like a caged cat.


The Future is Inside Us

I just finished Paul Auster’s book, Oracle Night. I’m left with these two statements stinging my mind: “the future is inside us” and “everything human is real”.


Ideas:

I realized early on that built up extravagant events with someone don't make for special moments, rather it's the unexpected moments during the every day that do. 

Time is a way to manage people.

Money exists only when you use it.

Add wire to my paintings.

We should wear what we want like a little girl.

Perhaps creativity aims to reach the sublime-- that place where it's both familiar and completely foreign.

Odysseus is a great name.

What causes an itch?

What if I had a day when I never knew what time it was?


Quote from Invisible by Paul Auster:

“Real love is when you get as much pleasure from giving pleasure as you do from receiving it”


Play on words:

I grated great cheese but dropped some in the grate.

That kind of dog is kind of kind.


Who am I to you?

Who is Olivia to someone meeting me? What do they see? What do I show and give of myself in their eyes? I do not have a clear perception of how I am to other people. 


Deepak Chopra:

"Seeking is really just a way of winning yourself back"


Poem About a Poem

I went home straight away after finishing a poem
Read it to Lora and Kat
Both impressed
That I wrote such a thing
In two hours flat—
So dense and immense they had to
Hear parts back.
After editing I couldn’t resist
I re-copied it down,
Bit by bit.
I read it out loud,
Letter after letter,
Forming words—
      and meanings too!--
Making it better and better
For my ears and yours, I assume.
Together, with voice and hand typing all
I finished the poem growing in me
Nine months strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment